Monday, January 28, 2019

Reflections on 2018

It's somewhat odd to be writing this post one month into 2019; Anyhow late now than never...

  • The highlight of 2018 was of course, the birth of our son. Many people had told us that having a child changes everything, but of course we truly understood that only after our son was born. 
  • Funnily enough, we've been watching movies more often in the last few months.. We've really needed something to distract us from the demands of adjusting to parenting... most of these movies are watched in 3-4 broken-up sessions. Earlier, something like this ( watching a move over multiple sessions ) would annoy me -Now, it doesn't :) 
  • Strangely, I've also been learning more in 2018 than ever before.. I guess I am becoming better at making the most of whatever little free time I have now :) 
  • I gave a career counselling talk at my school - At the end of the talk, few students came up to chat with me.. One of them said ' I want to make and sell weapons. How should I go about this? '. I was of course taken aback by this question. I asked him why he wanted to do that, and he proceeded to explain - 'I saw in the papers yesterday that India had spent billions of dollars buying weapons from another country. I want to make those weapons for India myself, so that it doesn't have to rely on another country"... And his response got me thinking. How quick I had been in assuming his intention, and how wrong I turned out to be once I waited for his explanation... On an unrelated note, a quote comes to mind  related to assumptions we make .."Do not attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity " :D 
  • My 3 words of 2018 were "Energy, Intention, Agility' ..Maybe I'll elaborate on all these later. What were your words ?
  •  Here is a simple question we can reflect upon everyday that will help raise our standards - "Did I act like an amateur in any way today

No comments: