Monday, April 18, 2016

The Trip to Kashmir

And here we are ! It's been a long time since I posted here. Much has happened in my life since then.. I got married to a wonderful girl. I'm actually learning cooking now! ( Credit goes to my wife for the patient teaching. ) Not quite experienced enough to start a cooking blog though( I'd run out of content in no time if I did ;)

I've gotten way more disciplined, focused and have a set morning ritual that I do every single day. ( Here's a secret I'm letting out for free : Please start a morning ritual if you don't already have one.. Mine includes Meditation, Journaling and a bunch of other things. It works best and will do wonders to your sense of living with purpose, if you do it consistently over a period of time, and eventually make it a part of your life ). Other tips will be made available on demand, for a nominal fee ;)

There's been no shortage of travel either.. I've been wanting to travel to Kashmir with my wife. The situation there has been volatile for years now. I checked with some locals, and we did travel anyway early this April, and it turned out to be absolutely fantastic ! Seeing the Tulip Gardens in full bloom ( They are in full bloom for about 2-4 weeks each year starting early April) will remain an unforgettable memory...

The pictures aren't quite bright since the weather was cloudy much of the time. The actual scenery is spectacular... Our infamous pony-ride ( of which there are no pics here ) will be featured in an exclusive post at a later date..

Tulip Gardens, Srinagar

Sonmarg

Aru Valley

Betaab Valley


Betaab Valley

Gulmarg


8 comments:

Aditya said...

Good to see you writing again. Looking forward to more.

Suvasini said...

Congratulations on the big life event. Wish you both a lifetime of happy exploration... :) And look forward to reading more from you.

Karthik said...

Hey Aditya, thanks for reading .. How're you doing ?

Karthik said...

Hey Suvasini, Thanks for the wishes !

swat said...

Hello Sir, good to see you blogging again. Hope this gets a few minute of your morning ritual :)

Congrats once again on the marriage and best wishes to the cooking coach. May she cook up an expert cooker! :P

Karthik said...

Haha thanks da ! :)

Archana K said...

Welcome back Karthik :) Looking forward to more blogposts

Karthik said...

Thanks Srishti, for coming back to read the blog..:)