Monday, April 01, 2024

Problems in life

  •  We moved into our new home two and a half years ago. I always had plans of putting up some quotes and thoughts that appeal to me in our new home. I had been planning to get the wordings  professionally designed with help from a graphic designer, and create a special spot to put them up.  I never found the time to make that happen, because something more important always demanded attention. And then, a couple of days back, I had a brilliant idea. I tore out a couple of plain pages from a notebook of mine. Wrote out those quotes and thoughts with a sketch-pen by hand, and pasted them on the cupboard with some cello-tape. Perfectly adequate for now. Or maybe even forever. Waited for 2 years to find a solution that was implemented in two minutes. 


  • My sister visited home, and was telling me some stories of some of the cancer patients she works with. She casually mentioned that working in a cancer hospital has become more of a study in humanities than perhaps anything else.  


A celebrity posts a pic of herself on Instagram with the caption "Going for a PET scan. Hoping I don't have a cancer". .. 


Meanwhile, a patient asks when he can get back to work after the cancer surgery. Turns out he needs to get back to work to survive. He is a coolie. He can't lift heave weights after a surgery...Each day that he can't work , worsens his financial situation. 


Another lady is going through a divorce in the middle of her cancer treatment. Because she has a become a liability in her spouse's mind, after the diagnosis. 


Another patient hasn't shown up for the free surgery because they don't have the money to purchase a bus ticket to travel to the hospital... 

....


Meanwhile you and I think we have major problems in life.... 


No comments: