Thursday, September 07, 2023

Things I suck at

 Now, this would be a long post if it were to be comprehensive :) . So I am going to limit myself to 5. 


1) I don't understand emoticons. Especially the ones that are to do with smiling faces. I once asked a number of doubts on these to my wife - Why are eyes bigger in this emoticon compared to the rest? What does the change in the shade of yellow mean ? Why is the mouth in the shape of semi-circle in this one, but not the other. Why is the head tilted in this emoticon ? .. 

Many more questions of this sort. It suffices to say she got irritated :) ..  

I now basically use all the smiling emoticons interchangeably. 


2) I don't know the lyrics of a single song. Even of songs I have heard hundreds of times. My mind always ignores the lyrics. It just focusses on the tune and the feel of the song. 


3) I have a terrible sense of direction. I once wrote a post on this. It is listed under the humour section. You can refer to it if you wish to get a deeper understanding of my incompetence in this area :) 


4) I know next to nothing about politics or how elections work. Of course I do vote. I vote for the "relatively" better candidate based on some research I do just before voting. 


5) Adding to the above , I am spectacularly ignorant about many things that a lot of people know and keep track of - like the latest car models .. the offers on various credit cards. Bargaining in general. My wife often reminds me to bargain before we start heading to the billing counter in a shop :) 


One of the best parts of getting older is that we make peace with what we suck at. I am glad that I am at an age where none of the above bother me

Of course, there are things I suck at which bother me :) Story for another day .... 


No comments: